When you want to bond two surfaces together quickly and efficiently there’s nothing much that beats a cyanoacrylate super glue.
Chestnut Products’ CA Superglues come in three viscosities:
- Thin – very low viscosity for capillary action when you want the glue to penetrate deep into small cracks. Can also be used to post-assembly to wick into parts.
- Ideal for use when joining very close-fitting parts and smooth, even surfaces. Dries in seconds.
- Medium – for general purpose use, stays where you put it! Takes up to 20 seconds to dry giving you enough time to line everything up. Good for fairly smooth surfaces.
- Thick – for gap filling where you want to seal a crack in your timber, mixed with sawdust if you want.
- Slower drying, up to 60 seconds when applied thickly.
If you need a faster drying time use Accelerator for Superglues which can reduce the drying time to less than 2 seconds. Use the accelerator sparingly to avoid a white bloom on the surface.
A full cure – and maximum strength – requires 24 hours.
Low temperatures can reduce the cure time.
To get the longest life out of your glue, keep away from warmth – they are best stored at +5 degrees C.
2.1. Classification of the substance or mixture
Physical hazards: Not Classified
Health hazards: Skin Irrit. 2 - H315 Eye Irrit. 2 - H319 STOT SE 3 - H335
Environmental hazards: Not Classified
Classification (67/548/EEC or 1999/45/EC) or Xi; R36/37/38 2.2.
Signal word: Warning
H315 Causes skin irritation.
H319 Causes serious eye irritation.
H335 May cause respiratory irritation.